Trends In Rapid Prototyping Technology
Rapid prototyping technology is one of the fastest growing advanced manufacturing technologies in the world today. In today’s era of the Internet age, rapid prototyping technology has been combined with other technologies to form a complete and huge technical body. The system is characterized by systematization, diversified needs, diversified and complex technologies, and accelerating technology updates.
1. Material forming and material preparation
With the development of science and technology, materials and parts require high performance, and the quantification and digitization of materials and parts design are required to realize the integration and integration of materials and parts preparation. The rapid prototyping technology is based on the discrete-stacking principle and uses a variety of direct write techniques to control the material state of the unit, combining traditionally independent material preparation and material forming processes. It establishes a direct mapping between the digitization of part molding information and material function information to the physical realization of digitization, and realizes the integration from the design idea of materials and parts to the physical realization.
2. Biomanufacturing and growth molding
The 21st century is the century of biological sciences, combined with engineering science, especially with manufacturing science. Based on the understanding of different levels of life activities, biotechnology and biomedical engineering can create wealth for human beings and solve human health and health problems.
3. Computer peripherals and network manufacturing
Rapid prototyping technology is a fully digital manufacturing technology. The three-dimensional forming function of rapid prototyping equipment has common features with ordinary printers. With the development of information technology, the network will enter thousands of households, and network-based information exchange will be more smooth. The enterprise provides an online personalized design platform, which can interact with the user to carry out product packaging, decoration and other customization.
4. Rapid prototyping and micro-nano manufacturing
At present, the commonly used micromachining technology is a process of removing the material and removing the material from “large to small”, and it is difficult to process the three-dimensional shaped microstructure, and the further increase of the depth ratio is limited. Rapid prototyping, based on the principle of discrete-stacked dimensionality reduction manufacturing, enables the fabrication of structures of any complex shape.
5. Direct writing technology and information processing
(1) Direct writing technology. The ability of direct writing technology to precisely control material units is at the heart of rapid prototyping.
(2) Information comes from software. As rapid prototyping technology seeks to make rapid changes in manufacturing technology, the final parts manufactured are increasingly demanding precision. Modeling, computer simulation and optimization of the rapid prototyping process can improve the precision of rapid prototyping technology and achieve true net shape. Commonly used tools include finite difference and finite element.