Six Development Directions Of Mold Design
1. Material selection
The greenness of the mold material has a very important impact on the green performance of the final product. The choice of materials for green design must be based on green materials, abandoning the chemical methods used to surface the materials in the past, and replacing them with physical methods to achieve corrosion protection or easy release.
(1) Select high-quality mirror mold steel processing mold cavity.
(2) Use stainless steel to process the anti-corrosion mold to replace the electroplating, or replace the electroplating with nickel-phosphorus plating which is less harmful to the environment.
Basic properties of green materials
(1) Low pollution, low energy consumption and low cost.
(2) It is easy to process and process without pollution or less pollution.
(3) Degradable and reusable.
2. Design standardization and standardization
Mold standardization is the premise of organizing mold professional production, and the professional production of mold is the key to improve mold quality, shorten mold manufacturing cycle and reduce cost.
Adopt and purchase standard formwork and other standard parts. The mold base and standard parts are produced by specialized manufacturers and enterprises through social division of labor, so that limited resources are optimally configured.
Usually, after the mold is scrapped, only the convex and concave molds (or core cavities) can no longer be used, but the mold base is still basically intact, so the use of the standard mold base contributes to the reuse of the mold base.
There are many types of molds for stamping and injection molding, and these mold bases are basically composed of standard upper and lower mold bases, guide posts, guide sleeves and other components. At the same time, the standardization of the formwork can greatly reduce the equipment used to produce the formwork, thereby saving resources and facilitating management.
The standardization and standardization of each structural unit of the mold can also speed up the design, shorten the design cycle, and facilitate the processing management.
3. Detachable design
During the use of the mold, some parts are subject to excessive friction and impact, and the wear is large. At this time, only the parts need to be replaced, and the mold can still be used.
In addition, sometimes a new product can be produced by simply changing the working parts. Non-removable not only causes waste of a large number of reusable parts, but also seriously pollutes the environment due to poor disposal of waste.
Therefore, the problem of disassembly must be considered at the beginning of the design.
(1) Select the general structure as much as possible for replacement.
(2) Under the premise of meeting the strength requirements, try to use detachable joints, such as threaded joints, without welding, riveting, etc.
4. Manufacturing environment design
The noise and pollution of the mechanical production workshops, especially the stamping workshops, are very serious, posing a great threat to the health of the workers and disturbing the tranquility of the surrounding areas. Therefore, when designing the mold, the noise generated should be controlled or even eliminated.
In general, there are several methods for eliminating machine noise.
(1) Replace the gear drive with a V belt.
(2) Replace the rigid clutch with a friction clutch.
(3) Do the dynamic balance of the revolving body such as the flywheel.
(4) Cover the main part of the noise generated by the press.
(5) Use a non-impacting mold frame with a shock absorber.
5. Packaging design
The design of the packaging program mainly includes three aspects: the selection of packaging materials, the improvement of packaging structure and the recycling of packaging materials and their waste.
The use of packaging materials and waste have a huge impact on the environment, especially materials that are difficult to recycle or difficult to degrade, which can only be incinerated or buried. Therefore, the packaging of the product should be as simple as possible, and use green packaging materials (non-toxic, pollution-free, easy to recycle, easily degradable materials), so as to reduce the waste of resources and reduce environmental pollution.
6. Recycling design
The mold recycling process considers the possibility of recycling after use of the mold at the design stage of the mold, and the method and cost of recycling.
The main contents of the recyclability design include: recyclable materials and signs, recycling treatment methods, technical and economic evaluation of recycling, and recyclable structural design. The main measures are as follows.
(1) Use mold materials that have less impact on the environment, such as non-toxic and harmless materials, renewable materials, and easily recycled materials.
(2) Use reusable materials.
(3) Renovation, rework, etc. of used mold parts.