Prevent Heat Treatment Deformation Of Precision Molds
1. Fair selection of materials. For precision and complex molds, the micro-deformed die steel with good material quality (such as air-quenched steel) should be selected, and the die steel with severe carbide segregation should be cast and carried out, and the solution steel can be solid solution and double-fine heat treatment.
2. The mold structure design should be fair, the thickness should not be too disparate, the shape should be symmetrical, for the larger deformation of the mold to grasp the deformation law, reserve the machining allowance, for large, sophisticated complex molds can be combined structure.
3. Precise heat treatment of complex and complex molds to eliminate residual stress generated during machining.
4. Fairly select the heating temperature and control the heating speed. For sophisticated molds, slow heating, preheating and other balanced heating methods can be used to reduce the heat treatment deformation of the mold.
5. Under the condition of ensuring the hardness of the mold, try to use pre-cooling, staged cooling quenching or warm quenching process.
6. For precision and complex molds, vacuum hardening and quenching after cryogenic treatment should be used as far as possible.
7. For some sophisticated molds, pre-heat treatment, aging heat treatment, quenching and nitriding heat treatment can be used to control the precision of the mold.
8. When repairing defects such as sand holes, pores, and abrasion of the mold, use a cold-welding machine and other small heat-affecting repair equipment to avoid deformation during the repair process.
There are many methods for heat treatment process, including, for example, plugging, tying holes, mechanical fixing, proper heating method, accurate selection of the cooling direction of the mold, and the direction of movement in the cooling medium. The fair tempering heat treatment process is also reduced in complexity. Effective measures for mold deformation.