Negative Effects To Be Considered In Mold Design And Manufacturing
In order to ensure that the surface of the plastic plated parts is free from defects and has no obvious oriented structure and internal stress, the following requirements should be met when designing and manufacturing the mold.
(1) Do not use bismuth bronze alloy for mould material. It should be made of high quality vacuum cast steel. The surface of the cavity should be polished to the mirror surface along the direction of the mold. The unevenness is less than 0.2m, and the surface is preferably hard chrome plated.
(2) The surface of the plastic part reflects the surface of the cavity as it is, so the cavity of the electroplated plastic part should be very smooth, and the surface roughness of the cavity should be 1~2 higher than the surface roughness of the surface of the part.
(3) Parting surface, weld line and core inlay line cannot be designed on the plating surface.
(4) The gate should be designed at the thickest part of the part. In order to prevent the molten material from cooling too quickly when filling the cavity, the gate should be as large as possible (about 10% larger than the ordinary injection mold). It is best to use a gate and a runner with a circular cross section. The length of the runner should be shorter.
(5) Vent holes should be left to avoid the occurrence of defects such as air lines and air bubbles on the surface of the parts.
(6) When selecting the ejector mechanism, ensure that the parts are smoothly demolded.