How ABS Injection Products Should Increase The Brightness?
(1) If the mold cavity is poorly processed, if there are defects such as scratches, micropores, abrasion, roughness, etc., it will inevitably be reflected on the plastic parts, so that the gloss of the plastic parts is poor. In this case, the mold must be carefully processed so that the cavity surface has Smaller roughness, if necessary, can be polished with chrome.
(2) If the surface of the cavity is oily or watery, or if the release agent is too much, the surface of the plastic part will be dark and dull. To do this, remove the oil and water stains in time, and use the release agent in a limited amount.
(3) If the mold release angle is too small, the mold release is difficult, or the force is too large when the mold is released, so that the surface of the plastic part is good, and the draft angle is increased.
(4) If the mold is poorly exhausted, too much gas stays in the mold, which also leads to poor gloss. In this case, the mold exhaust system should be inspected and corrected.
(5) If the cross-sectional area of the gate or flow passage is too small or abruptly changed, the shear force is too large when the melt flows therein, and the turbulent flow is dynamic, resulting in poor gloss. In this case, the gate and runner cross-sectional area should be appropriately increased.
2. Injection molding process
(1) If the injection speed is too small, the surface of the plastic part is not dense, and the gloss is poor, and the injection speed can be appropriately increased.
(2) For thick-walled plastic parts, if the cooling is insufficient, the surface will be hairy and the gloss will be dark. For this, the cooling system should be improved.
(3) If the holding pressure is insufficient, the holding time is short, so that the density of the plastic parts is insufficient and the gloss is poor. In this case, the holding pressure and the holding time should be increased.
(4) If the melt temperature is too low, the fluidity is poor, which may easily lead to poor gloss. For this, the melt temperature should be appropriately increased.
(5) For crystalline resins, such as PE, PP, POM, etc., if the cooling is not uniform, the gloss will be poor. For this, the cooling system should be improved to make it evenly cooled.
(6) If the injection speed is too large and the gate cross-sectional area is too small, the vicinity of the poured product may be dark and the gloss is poor. For this, the injection speed and the gate cross-sectional area may be appropriately reduced.