Application Of Hot Runner Technology For Injection Molds
1. Differences in mold structure
In the molding of oversized plastic products, only the hot runner can be used to balance the plastic flow. For example, in the production of automotive interior linings, appliance housings and other components, more than the need to simultaneously enter the glue or chronologically into the glue, at this time, the hot runner is required to successfully complete this step. In addition, when the side feed is offset from the center of the injection molding machine, the hot runner feeding method can make the mold structure simple, and at the same time make the molding easier, speed up the molding speed, reduce the molding time, and produce no material.
Generally speaking, when the injection is performed by the three-plate method, the heavy master template needs to slide on the guide post, and even if the new mold is difficult to withstand the heavy load caused by the sliding for a long time, the life of the mold is not long. Further, in this manner, the amount of movement of the stencil to take out the flow material from the mold each time it is ejected is greater than the amount of stencil movement required to take out the molded product from the mold.
Therefore, hot runners are usually used when encountering the following conditions:
(1) It is necessary to use a long vertical flow path for the ejection of the side.
(2) In order to avoid problems caused by too long material heads.
(3) Forming some large products that allow eccentricity.
(4) In the use mode of the three-plate mold, the mother template needs to be moved to take out the material head. If the hot runner molding method is used, the mold opening motion can shorten the moving distance required to remove the material. Therefore, the three-plate mold method requires a large molding machine to produce a cold runner, and a small molding machine can be used after the hot runner is used.
(5) For materials with characteristics such as high viscosity, low viscosity or high molding temperature, the hot runner system can solve the problems of difficult molding. For example, in the processing of metal powder, ceramic powder, plastic magnet, plastic bearing and thermoplastic rubber injection molding.
2. Save plastic
1) With the traditional cold runner, there will be a cold head, resulting in additional costs. As a simple example, if the cold head accounts for 68% of the scrap rate (in the case of manufacturing, 1kg of material can only produce 320g of product, while the remaining 680g is a cold head), although the cold head is still recyclable, Due to the influence of human factors and the mixing ratio of recycled materials, in order to maintain normal operation, some cold heads must be accumulated, thus causing the retention of funds.
(2) The hot runner can be used in the field of high speed injection molding. High-speed injection molding not only improves the efficiency of molding, but is also necessary for controlling the wall thickness of products such as cups and containers.
(3) Applied in a laminated mold. For thin-walled and large-volume products, such as CD casings, with a 15% increase in clamping force, an 80% increase in throughput can be achieved over the same injection time.
3. Environmental protection and efficiency of hot runners
Since the hot runner does not produce “garbage”, there is no problem of handling “garbage”. “Garbage” means waste of resources, and the hot runner system is a low-carbon product that does not have environmentally harmful factors.
Due to the wide variety of plastics and often different color, the material accumulated in the injection molding process must be classified, dehumidified, dried and sealed. At the same time, the noise generated by the pulverization will also have an adverse effect on the environment.
In summary, the application of the hot runner to the three-plate mold of the injection mold has the following advantages:
(1) The material head is easy to take out, and the stroke of the material removal head can be reduced;
(2) At the time of injection, the plastic flow is relatively average, and the operating conditions of each injection point can be separately controlled to make plastic injection easier;
(3) Savings on plastic materials and labor costs.
This is custom heading elementDescriptionFeedbackDescription Specification: Part Name Customized Rubber Compression Silicone Cover for Bluetooth Horn Speaker Service OEM OR ODM Part Material Silicone or rubber (NR, NBR,SBR,BR,IR,CR,EPDM,IIR,VITON(FKM),SIR,PU,ACM,CO,etc) Material Hardness Silicone about 5~90 Shore A; rubber about 10~90 Shore A Size Customized Shape Customized Color Customized according to Pantone colors Appearance as customer’s requirement Drawings 2D OR 3D acceptable Temperature Resistance -40~300 degree centigrade Technology Hot pressing molding or injection Molding Second Processing Vulcanizing/ Deburring/Silk-screen/Carving/printing Quality control internal QC control Part Feature 1.Oxidation , Chemical,oil, acid ,alkali , weather resistance 2. colorful ,Anti-aging,good flexibility, good elasticity Food grade material FDA or LFGB Package Normally PE bag+carton or customized as customer’s request Trade Term Ex-works; FOB Shenzhen/Guangzhou ; CIF Specification ROHS Directive Compliant Green Products What is our advantage? 1. Has sound and mature supporting supply chain 2. Lower mold costs…
Stamped Anchor Frame for Door ComponentsDescriptionFeedbackDescription Stamped computer housing made as clients’ drawing Die type: Progressive die. Raw materials: DC zinc coated, S/S, cold steel, copper, brass, aluminum, all variant raw material available. Surface finish: Powder coating Tooling lifespan: 1 million Feeding machine and stamping machine are used We have our own maintenance team…
Customizing Car Dashboard Covers With Injection MoldDescriptionFeedbackDescription Cavity/Core Material 718H, P20, NAK80, 2316,2738,Din2344,H13 and available Product Material ABS, PC, PP, PVC, POM, PMMA, PS, PE, PET, Rubber, Silicone, PA, PBT, PEI, etc. Base (HASCO) German , FUTABA Japan, DME US, LKM China or by requested Structure Double color injection mould, Solid…
Customizing Car Dashboard Covers With Injection MoldDescriptionFeedbackDescription TV Shell Injection Molding Product Name Injection Molding for TV Case Cover Material ABS, PC, PP, PS, POM, PMMA etc. Mould Base Material: LKM, FUTA, HASCO, DME, etc. or as per customer’s requirement. Surface treatment powder coating, polishing, chrome plating Packing Inner-Plastic Bag; Outer -Standard Carton Box. Usage…
Customizing Car Dashboard Covers With Injection MoldDescriptionFeedbackDescription Scale Model Cars Many miniature vehicles were originally aimed at children as playthings. But Precision-detailed miniatures made specifically for adults are a significant part of the market now. Fit Precision Mold Co., Ltd is specialized in producing all kinds of plastic scale model cars and accessories in different…
This is custom heading elementDescriptionFeedbackDescription Product Design Begin with good design FPM has the unique ability to contribute value at every phase of your product development via our global technical expertise. With state of the art design services, the right tools and a full staff of experienced people on hand, FPM can help…
Customizing Car Dashboard Covers With Injection MoldDescriptionFeedbackDescription CNC Plastic Machining Prototype Services Rapid prototyping (RP) technology is an advanced manufacturing technology developed in 90s, is one of the key technologies for the development of new products and manufacturing enterprises, to promote product innovation, shorten the development cycle of new products, improve product competitiveness has a…
Customizing Car Dashboard Covers With Injection MoldDescriptionFeedbackDescription FIT PRECISION MOLD CO., LTD specializes in providing good design and high-precision products at product developing and producing area. Our professional staff are experienced at tool/mold making service including plastic injection mold (mould),die casting mold (mould) and metal stamping mold (die); At the same time we are involved…